We would like to Welcome back our League partner, Baylor Scott & White, Institute for Rehabilitation. Links for this years testing are below. Baylor will continue to use ImPACT for baseline testing with a retest required every 2 years. If your player took the test in the fall of 2022, they will not need to retest this season. TESTING IS MANDATORY FOR ALL PLAYERS.
If you have questions regarding Baylor or the testing your contact is Corey Smith.
Corey Smith, MS, ATC, LAT
Baylor Scott & White SportsCare
Click below for Home Testing information
BIR-Dallas Region HS Hockey Home Testing
Parents just need to note these steps
- Athlete is deemed out by the athletic trainer and turns in a concussion log form
- Parent needs to take athlete and the clearance form to doctor of their choice (only non-accepted are ER docs and chiropractors)
- If the doctor does NOT diagnose a concussion the form is sent back to Corey Smith with the first box checked and the doctors signature and clinic stamp
- If the doctor does diagnose with a concussion the athlete is out until a follow up appointment where the doctor says they are “Clear to start return to play”
- This does not mean they go immediately back to playing
- They then need to perform the 5 step return to play activities with no symptoms and initialed by a coach, parent or medical professional . The steps cannot be combined into more than one day
- Once the RTP steps are complete the clearance form needs to be completely filled out and signed by the doctor with the actual clearance date and sent back to Corey Smith.
Click below for clearance form and protocol
Concussion Protocol and Return to Play Clearance